Topic

eVENT jacket 66 degrees north

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals eVENT jacket 66 degrees north

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Justin Ling

@ling_jd

Locale: columbus ohio

For the fashion-conscious among us:

I scored one of these on steep and cheap for $81 (pre-shipping). They're not up on the site currently, but if anyone wants to score a more fashionable around-down jacket, they have lots more inventory that will most likely be going back up in the future. I checked the quantities at sacattack and they have lots of sizes and colors left.

Backcountry says they retail for 258 or something, but the European 66* north site says they go for about $500 or 370,00 Euro.

I've been wanting one of their jackets for quite awhile, and I think it's pretty rare to find them this cheaply. Oh yeah, and it's eVENT. :) This will be my new ultra-bourgeois commuter jacket.

http://gearattack.com/items/6900

Justin Ling

@ling_jd

so this jacket is now cheaper than what I purchased it for on SAC, and with free shipping. $78 for eVENT. Great price for giving event a try.

http://www.backcountry.com/store/SNI0092/66-North-Iceland-Blafell-Jacket-Mens.html?id=NvHLwq2Y

Sven Klingemann
    Spectator

@svenklingemann

Hey,
    do you have the weight for the jacket? I already have the pants but was wondering whether to get the jacket as well.
    Thanks,
    S.

Andrew Richardson

@arichardson6

Locale: North East

Wow…

Anyone want a patagonia rain shadow?? :) I might be able to return it..I hope so! I wanna get one of these!

Of course, knowing the weight and how well it compresses would be nice..

Jeff Vince

@ac_doctor

eVENT jacket for $77.69 w/ free shipping!

Got two coming. Thanks for the heads up. I had been watching SAC for the last three weeks for these babies to pop up again!!! Remember that the 66 North clothing line runs small and narrow, so remember to go to next bigger size up… :)

AC

Paul Tree

@paul_tree

Locale: Wowwww

Thanks OP – missed the SAC deal..

Got an xl green somewhat oversized to not crowd a puffy inner. Looks nicer than the Teva event jacket.

Anyone got a weight for this yet?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

It won't be light, but it's event.

Justin Ling

@ling_jd

I got it in small, and it weights 20.5 ounces. I'm not planning to backpack with it. I've been looking for a nice slim-fitting rain shell, and this fits the bill. It's about as slim as it can be without stretching.

Andrew Richardson

@arichardson6

Locale: North East

Wow, that's heavy! Now I'm not so sure about replacing my Rain Shadow which is 9 ounces with something that I'd have to get a large (If I have to size up from my typical M) in and would probably weigh 24 ounces or so..

Is eVent typically heavier than nylon ripstop with DWR? I can't see how a rain jacker with a fabric that breathes better is worth the wight and comfort of a full size, rectangular big agnes air pad! Maybe if I was hiking in planned continuous rain..

Sven Klingemann
    Spectator

@svenklingemann

Hm … might be nice for skiing though. The pants in M are 14.5 oz, so really not bad!!
    S.

Justin Ling

@ling_jd

I got mine for riding my bike. This one has a lining too, so that's gonna add a lot of weight. It's very fitted and attractive looking, which is the main reason I've been looking at 66* north iceland's garments.

Ooh, and the velcro is of the non-snag variety, which I appreciate very much!

ALSO:

I just found out via live chat that Backcountry will do a price adjustment if you buy something from their site and it goes up on steepandcheap for a reduced price within one month of your purchase.

Doug L
    BPL Member

@mothermenke

Locale: Upstate NY

It has been mentioned here and on the BC.com website that 66 North tends to run small. I was just curious if this applies to their pants as well as the jackets. I was hoping to get the L which is stated as 35W 33INS and I usually wear 35W 32INS in blue jeans. If anyone has personal experience with 66 North pants sizing I would really appreciate it, thanks.

Sven Klingemann
    Spectator

@svenklingemann

Based on my experience the sizing of the pants is pretty accurate.
    S.

Doug L
    BPL Member

@mothermenke

Locale: Upstate NY

Thanks Sven, I think I'll go ahead and buy the large.

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

I bought the Teva event jacket from the SAC several months ago in size large. I is generously sized to layer over puffy insulation and it weighs 20.1 oz.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools