Topic

Short wide pad question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Short wide pad question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

Once again.

Anybody making a SUL short wide pad or is the only option still to down to modify a Neoair
    or the like.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

There is a TR Trek and Travel,25"x47", 15 oz
    Done with the XL should be about 10.5 oz

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Look at the Klymit X Wave. 48"x25"x1.5". Mine weighs 10.9 oz. With the little rubber pump, stuff sack, and repair kit, it's 12.3 oz. $60 now at overstock.com.

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

Exped is at least making a Medium Wide – so not short, but at least not freakishly long in order to get the added width…

I'm waiting for Exped to make short-wide downmat UL7. Now THAT would be sweet.

IVO K
    BPL Member

@joylesshusband

Locale: PA lately

Mine weighs 12.3 oz with bag, repair kit, and pump bulb, and is extremely comfortable with the side edge tubes being thicker than the ones in the middle. This feature prevents my arms from steeply falling on the ground in case I am turned on my back.

This "flailing" arms issue causes me lots of discomfort on my narrow winter NeoAir, forcing me to sleep mostly on my side. I am a sidesleeper, but every now and then seek a different sleeping position and end up on my back for an hour or two.

X Wave's R value may be questionable, but definitely exceeds 2 in a combo with a widish quilt, making it good enough for shoulder seasons for me.
    Its bottom is made out of 75D, obsoleting a groundsheet when used without a bivy in a floorless shelter.
    It gets augmented by a 48" long 1/8 Lawson Eqpt. CCF pad, folded in 2 under my legs or used as a seatpad. The bulb pump easily adds firmness when desired.

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

Klymit X Wave it is.

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

Also thought I would throw this out there.

Gossamer Gear
    XLARGE – 28" Wide tapering to 19" X 56" Long X 2.5" tapering to 1.5" in height

14.6 oz

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

the tapering of height is genius. i just wish it was a little longer.

Jake S

@spags

"Look at the Klymit X Wave. 48"x25"x1.5". Mine weighs 10.9 oz."

For the record, mine weighs exactly the 297g (10.5oz) listed on the package, which is maybe a first for me.

I know it's impossible to give exact weights with some products, but I wish more manufacturers would take care to do it because it immediate impressed me with Klymit before I even lied down upon it (although maybe that's a telling episode in itself :D ).

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

Just found one on sale and ordered.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools