Topic

Custom Argon Breeze and Streamliner SL

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Hammock Camping Custom Argon Breeze and Streamliner SL

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brett Cooper
    Spectator

@bcoop

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I just received a new UQ. Mike over at TeWa(easy to work with) built me a Breeze with 1oz overstuff using Argon from Dutch(incredible customer service). Total weight is 9.3oz, I think I'll be able to sleep down below freezing by adding a poncho weather-shield. The simple adjustments on the TeWa make it easy to get setup.
    I also have a Simply Light Designs Streamliner(Cat-Cut Hammock). I've spent 1 night in it, pretty comfy. Weighs in at 10.9oz with Whoopie slings and adjustable ridgeline.
    This should bring my shelter/sleep system to about 44oz of lightweight(this is BPL) hanging comfort. I hope to get it out into the Alpine lakes in the next couple weeks for a test run.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Sounds pretty nice – I have a Summer Breeze from Tewa and have been good down into the 30's (and mine isn't overstuffed), but I'm a warm sleeper.

What length is your Streamliner SL? My current favorite hammock is a Weight Weenie Micro from Butt in a Sling (BIAS) Hammocks. I had to put 12" extensions on my Summer Breeze to allow it to hang in the center of the 11' hammock.

I'm thinking another Tewa UQ is in my future for colder temps…

Brett Cooper
    Spectator

@bcoop

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Thanks for the feedback on your Breeze, I'm also a pretty warm sleeper, with the overstuff a 9.3oz 30ish degree under quilt is pretty nice.

My streamliner is 10 feet long. I've looked a the BIAS, the 11 foot would probably be incredibly flat and comfortable.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools