Topic

YOUR TENT DOODADS?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) YOUR TENT DOODADS?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I like to make my tent more comfortable with a few extras.

GUY LINES:
    I make up all needed guy lines at home with small snap hooks at the tent end and Line Loc sliders at the stake end. (Guy line stakes are dead branches I break to size or rocks.) These quick-attach adjustable lines go on fast if a storm suddenly blows in. Usually two guy lines are enough for 3 season camping.

ZIPPER PULLS:
    Fumbling to find tiny zipper tabs in the night or cold mornings is eliminated with glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls.

INTERIOR HANG LOOPS:
    I sew in at least a small peak loop of guy line cord for hanging a headlamp. Fortunately Tarptent provides ample points for this. In my 3 and 2 person tents I sew on corner loops for tying in cords for "clothes lines" to dry damp clothes. Often this requires a LOT of venting overnight. Try to sew into seam selvedge edges.

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

This is neat. I picked it up last year:

ppppoooooiii

It's a drybag from Mammut that doubles as a lantern. It's not the lightest drybag available, but for a small weight penalty, my girlfriend forgets she's sleeping on a foam mat and basks in the warm glow of our little outdoor house.

Mitchell Ebbott
    Spectator

@mebbott-2

Locale: SoCal

There's another way to do that without any additional weight at all. If you wrap a headlamp around a clear water bottle (full) with the light facing in, it works as a lantern.

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

Zipper pulls.. definitely reflective for easy finding in the dark.

guy lines. also reflective for avoiding that lovely rope burn across your ankle

pocket(s). I made sure the tent i got had one just to keep things organized. I put my headlamp and watch in there especially so they are within reach and easy to find when needed.

my lightheart solo has a pvc pipe that connects the 2 trekking poles so that can be used to hang things like a headlamp.. socks. whatever.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools