Topic

Portland, Ore. Women

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Portland, Ore. Women

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Katherine .
    BPL Member

@katherine

Locale: pdx

UPDATE: bumping this for spring in case there are any new female PDX lurkers out there!

I'm hoping to find a few local female backpacking companions who are tuned-in to lightweight approaches. Mainly for shorter backpacking trips (1-2 nights) or ambitious day hikes (e.g. I'd rather have someone with me if I'm, say, crossing a river or snow).

My deal: I've been getting back into backing over the past year or so, have gone on a few Skurka-led trips. My current base-weight is around 12/13 lbs, depending on the specifics. I use a hammock when I can, a tarp and bivy when I can't. I'm actively training to improve my fitness. For now I can commit to as much as 15 miles, 2.5, maybe 3K ft. elevation gain/day. And I'd be fine with less.

PM me if you're a female lightweight (or aspiring) backpacker based in or near Portland, Ore. I'm sure I can't be the only one!

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

you could try posting this at portlandhikers.org also

Katherine .
    BPL Member

@katherine

right, thanks for reminding me of that.

Katherine .
    BPL Member

@katherine

anyone new for spring?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools