Topic

Winter Pack recomendations

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Winter Pack recomendations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Wolf’s Rain
    BPL Member

@wolfsrain

Hey Richard. So did you switch from the 40l worksack to the 60l? How you finding the new volume for winter trips? It still cinch down well if you don't use all the space? Carry well with items strapped to the back? You have the shovel pocket?

Debating this for winterpack. Also looking at the uniweep, but it looks like the worksack might have some better options for outside storage. I picked up a porter 3400 last winter. I love it and it carries great, but I find it a little short on volume for deep winter.

jake.
    BPL Member

@jake-l

Locale: Katahdin

+1 on the CiloGear 60L. It is a perfect size overnight pack for me for just winter walking or ski mountaineering and I use their 30L for winter ski touring day trips. The quality is superb!

-jake

matt brisbin
    Spectator

@firestarter01

Locale: Bay Area

Just stopping by to say I have one of these 60L packs and love it. Holds everything I could possibility take mountaineering. It did take quite a considerable amount of time to figure out the perfect strap configuration. But it's nice that it has the versatility that it does.

The only thing I wish they would've spent more time on is the shoulder straps and the lower back padding. There's a lot of room for improvement there but so far it hasn't caused any issues.

Eric Osburn
    BPL Member

@osb40000

Can you elaborate further on the areas in the shoulder straps and back padding that need improving? So far it sound like everyone loves the cilogear packs and I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on one.

Richard Fischel
    BPL Member

@ricko

I switched from a 40l to a 45l, that way I could share the pad and frame sheet with my other cilogear packs. The 45l pack and up share the same size frame sheet.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools