Topic

Cuben Permanent Repair Help Question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Cuben Permanent Repair Help Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Seth Brewer
    BPL Member

@whistler

Locale: www.peaksandvalleys.weebly.com

I have some of the heavy duty Zpacks cuben repair tape and I want to permanently patch over a few sections of my Arc Blast were I have stitched on some trail patches.

Q: What glue can I use under the repair tape to make it last longer (not peel away from the backpack after repeated use)?

OR should I just assume the tape will cover over the stitches just fine and just tape it over and be done with it.

Thanks !

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

The tape should cover the stitches just fine. Be sure to use as much pressure as possible when putting the tape on. Using a roller of some sort is best.

Ryan

Seth Brewer
    BPL Member

@whistler

Locale: www.peaksandvalleys.weebly.com

Thanks for the opinion – I ended up doing just that, and so far so good. I think it should be just fine using the roller pin method.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools