Topic

Omni-Tape (Non Stick Velcro)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Omni-Tape (Non Stick Velcro)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

I'm looking for a source for Omni-Tape, which is a version of Velcro that is not as aggressive as normal Velcro. I would like to find 1/2 inch wide or 3/4 inch at most.

Neil Bender

@nebender

Joanne fabrics sells Velcro brand snag-free velcro in 3/4" by 36" pieces (or 19mm x 90cm for the metricly inclined). The package also says 1-piece design, so the 36" only gets you 18" of matable fastener length. Seems to me the package is around $3.50, so it's more expensive than regular 2-part velcro.

I found it in my local store, but I couldn't find it on-line. The SKU code for black is 75967 90666. White is 90667.

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

Thanks for all the details Neil!

I guess I'm going to JoAnn Fabrics today!

A.D. Parris

@xirebos

Locale: NTX

This may not do the trick, but http://www.wbcindustries.com/velcro_free_magic.html has what you're looking for although I don't think they sell by the individual yard v. per roll (25yds). Alternatively, Jacks R Better has 140" of 1" for 14.95 http://www.jacksrbetter.com/index_files/FLOT.htm.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

If your local Walmart has a fabric department (ours kept it. The hill billies fought for it :-D ) you can get a number of types of Velcro for about the cheapest around (about 1/3rd to 1/2 what I pay at Jo Anns). They carry the softest one often as well.

Lance Parrish

@lancejparrish

Locale: Southeast US

It sounds as though you've probably gotten all the help one could possibly need, but I found that my local Hancock fabrics store carried the omnitape as well. It's definitely name-brand Velcro, but I can't be sure that it say's "omnitape" anywhere on it. In any case, there it is. I hope this helps. Take care!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools