Topic

Any interest in hiking 5-7 days anywhere in Maine sometime between July 12-27?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Any interest in hiking 5-7 days anywhere in Maine sometime between July 12-27?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Marc Cryer
    Spectator

@18rabbit

Locale: New England/Quebec

I have a flexible schedule with about 5 working days off in July and will be hiking somewhere in Maine, probably on or near the Appalachian Trail. I'm looking for anyone who might be interested in at least starting the hike together. I generally travel at a modest pace and have been known to walk 30 or more miles a day but I'm also not an early riser and stop to fish, my wife would say "play around aimlessly in the water", forage(rock ears/rock tripe and bunch berries come to mind) and generally waste a lot of time so I won't be surprised or hurt if I'm left behind outpaced or abandoned. If anyone lives in or around Bangor ME we could also share transportation and just catch up to each other if we don't share the same pace or even the exact same routes. It's a really nice time to be on the trail or even just wandering around in the woods in Maine. Any portion of the 100 mile wilderness would be good as would the AT right around the New Hampshire border.

Also looking for people who might be interested in a longer trip to the Les Monts Groulx in Quebec preferably at some time when it wasn't below 0 F.

Cheers!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools