Topic

secrets out…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Dan Magdoff
    BPL Member

@highsierraguy

Locale: Northern California

great to hear about all the wonderful shared time ya'll have spent with your loved ones in the back country. I am pretty excited I have found a keeper!

christy cox

@ms-ruby-rox

Locale: PNW

I felt the same way when I took my boyfriend on a trip for the first time. He thought it was 'cute' when I quoted the weight of each item of outdoor clothing I own…. He's still around even though I"m a little nutty about it.

Timothy Barber
    BPL Member

@tbarber4

Locale: Bremerton

I've definitely gotten my share of strange looks while sitting on the floor, surrounded by a gear-splosion with my laptop and a gram scale.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

>"and (he) cannot fathom why one would need more than one sleeping bag or stove. "

So, Linda, he must have only one surf board, huh?

Linda Alvarez
    BPL Member

@liniac

Locale: Southern California

Ha! sorry, missed this post the first time around. Dave, that is a brilliant point! Nope, of course there is a full quiver. Thanks for the ammunition. I'm going to use that one!

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

I got into with a fish&wildlife trooper one time about why I had two dip nets (a big one for slow currents and a small one) but only one permit with me. I wanted to point out that, "You have both a pistol and shotgun – is that so you can shoot two citizens at once? or maybe you have two different tools for two different tasks?" but I long ago learned it's better to smile politely and nod my head.

Linda, here's more ammo:

>"or I'm caught updating "the spreadsheet." "

Like he doesn't check the surf report 7 times a day?!?

At least your BPL friends don't message you as soon as Montbell releases a new puffy that is 1.3 ounces lighter, while he gets texts about tasty waves anywhere along the coast.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools