Topic

How to pack a pack? Where to put hydration bladder?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) How to pack a pack? Where to put hydration bladder?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    jimmy b
    BPL Member

@jimmyb

I have a happy medium between hose fed bladders and soda bottles. I don't want my water inside my pack and has always carried nicely in my side pockets but I prefer sipping water along the way. I find it invaluable to take a few sips on an uphill grind but trying to wrestle a water bottle from my pack is more of a contortionist act for me. Once again medical issues drive my gear needs but this one is a great compromise and a VERY cheap way of achieving it for anyone.

H2O bottle

Soda bottle, length of hose, store bought bite valve, appropriate sized rubber grommet, and drill a VERY small hole in the cap to vent it. You may not be able to see the vent hole as it is done with a very small drill. I carry one bottle on a hose and another empty bottle most of the time or I fill both for areas where water will be sparse. Just screw off the hose and onto the next full bottle.

grommet on cap

Of course this is nothing new, just my take on it.

jimmyb

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools