Topic

Black Diamond Guiding Light Tent REVIEW

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Black Diamond Guiding Light Tent REVIEW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Smith
    BPL Member

@bugbomb

Locale: South Texas

Companion forum thread to:

Black Diamond Guiding Light Tent REVIEW

Robert Mohid

@mohid

Wouldn't reducing the number of poles defeat the purpose of using this tent in the mountain conditions for which it was designed?

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

My Hilight has three poles, but for the mildest three seasons I leave the third pole behind. In winter when I'm carrying 15kg+ anyway I would not mind the weight.

Forrest G McCarthy
    BPL Member

@forrestmccarthy

Locale: Planet Earth

My trick for reducing pole weight with my BD Bibler Fitzroy is too reduce the number of poles. You do not always need all five poles. If on Denali or in Antarctica I will use all five. For a winter trip in the Rockies, where I will be primarily camping below treeline (limited wind) I use only two poles (the X). If there will be three people in the tent I will bring the third pole to create more room. This makes a very versatile tent that can be used in a variety of conditions and situations. The design of the Fitzroy is comparable to that of the Guiding Light and the same methodology would work.

Forrest G McCarthy
    BPL Member

@forrestmccarthy

Locale: Planet Earth

My trick for reducing pole weight with my BD Bibler Fitzroy is too reduce the number of poles. You do not always need all five poles. If on Denali or in Antarctica I will use all five. For a winter trip in the Rockies, where I will be primarily camping below treeline (limited wind) I use only two poles (the X). If there will be three people in the tent I will bring the third pole to create more room. This makes a very versatile tent that can be used in a variety of conditions and situations. The design of the Fitzroy is comparable to that of the Guiding Light and the same methodology would work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools