Topic

Mile….Mile & a Half.. JMT film on Netflix

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Mile….Mile & a Half.. JMT film on Netflix

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

Not ultralight because they are film/photo folks who did the JMT in 26 days. So while it took them a lot longer and with a bunch more stuff than most folks on here do they got some great video and photos.

it is on my "one day" list… did a bit of it while in Kings Canyon on a trip in HS but doing the thru hike would be pretty sweet.

Valerie E
    Spectator

@wildtowner

Locale: Grand Canyon State

It's a very cute film, and they got some great shots! I think it was also quite successful at showing the camaraderie that you find on the trail (esp. in the last half hour of the film).

I couldn't believe how heavy their stuff was — one cameraman's pack was 75lbs after a resupply: yikes!!! Even the woman's pack was 50lbs. With that kind of weight, they actually weren't so slow, LOL…

Marko Botsaris
    BPL Member

@millonas

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

" With that kind of weight, they actually weren't so slow"

You could tell they were grumpy a few time though. :-)

I liked the movie and the site so much I bought the pendant.

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

Yea.. looking at those packweights after their resupply was painful just watching. I only weigh 125 myself and don't usually carry over 25lb so carrying 50-75lb is out of the question for me. Looked like they had some impressive foot issues for a while…oww

I do appreciate their willingness to carry all of the big gear to get the quality shots and sound that they did.

Agree about the trail community.. I still keep in touch with 2 guys that I met on the Long Trail 2 years ago. It is nice to meet new friends and to share the experience with.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"I only weigh 125 myself and don't usually carry over 25lb so carrying 50-75lb is out of the question for me."

For one trip, my pack weighed 47% of my body weight!

Kids, don't do this at home. This is only for trained professionals.

–B.G.–

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools