Topic

Noob wants to make a summer quilt!!!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Noob wants to make a summer quilt!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

Yes, this is primarily for a MYOG project bigger than a stuff sack, and it also happens to be something I've wanted to use. I have left my quilt at home on steamy summer trips…then a freak thunderstorm showed up and the temps dropped and my teeny rain jacket just didn't do it for me.

So now I always bring SOMETHING to sleep under…I'd rather it be a thin little 11 oz summer blanket than my really nice 20 deg down quilt (which is SOOO overkill).

I like the idea of a little shelf at the bottom for my feet if I want. This is why a very light 2.5 oz apex thingamabob would be perfect…just enough to give me my blanky feeling, a bit of warmth if wanted/needed, yet not so much that it's a big deal.

But as I said – mostly this is to get that sewing machine going!

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

OK. I went with the argon .67 and 2.5 apex. I ordered an extra yard of the 2.5 so I may split some of it and add a teeny layer or something, just to add to the warmth.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools