Topic

Bash my gear (constructively please)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Bash my gear (constructively please)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Looks really nice Daniel. This will be the 2nd gear makeover I've done this year and at the rate I'm going I'll be sewing my own gear by winter.

Alan Hughes
    Spectator

@natchez

Locale: South

Hey man I am also in GA (Rome) I have (had) a Tarp tent (contrail) and they are sweet I also have a Hennessy Hammock and fly that is under two lbs it is my favorate if it is above 30.

Every Blessing
    Alan

Jesse Glover

@hellbillylarry

Locale: southern appalachians

IMO the bug bivy + a flat tarp is the way to go. I am not a fan of the tarptents because of condensation. My friends have hennesy hammocks and love them but I just cannot sleep with my back arched.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Ok, I've uploaded a new planned gear list that's more complete and a better breakdown (I borrowed someone elses design from this site..sorry I can't remember who). I've left the pack as-is but will gladly accept suggestions. There's also room to drop some ounces here and there but if I can get a 2 lb or less pack that'll put me under 10 lbs base.

Mark W Heninger

@heninger

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I'd highly recommend the Gossamer Gear Mariposa/Plus/Miniposa

Steve .

@pappekak

Locale: Tralfamadore

I will second Wade's recommendation of a Mariposa Plus.

Jesse Glover

@hellbillylarry

Locale: southern appalachians

I will third the mariposa plus. Great pack.
    Chris, send me a pm if you want to meet up this fall I am planning a bartram trip around coloumbus day. (hale ridge to sandy ford rd or warwoman dell)

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools