Topic

Tarptent Moment DW 2P

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tarptent Moment DW 2P

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

Has anyone on BPL bought one of these? I've been looking high and low for reviews, and there don't seem to be any.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I feel the ends of the Moment 2P are just too large and will not be be "wind worthy". I'll stick with my heavily modded (winterized) Scarp 2. And even the Scarp 2's low ends must be secured with 3 guy lines to be secure in a windstorm.

Does the Moment 2P answer a question that has not been asked?

The Moment DW and SW have far smaller ends that can be secured with Velcro and will withstand a fair amount of wind.

For maximum wind/weather protection I've sewn Heavy Duty Velcro closure strips to the silnylon end flaps and tent area on THREE sides so it would take a full gale directly at one end to threaten to open it. That's because I plan to use it as a winter solo tent and don't want the possibility of spindrift snow entering the tent. Even so it often seems to find a way in to coat everything with a powdery layer by morning. It takes a "waterproof" zipper to stop it.

NOTE: I just realized this is the very first Tarptent design with which I have taken substantial issue. This is almost blasphemy to me. ;o) Mea culpa, mea culpa.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

"Does the Moment 2P answer a question that has not been asked?"
    The question had been asked, something like this one :
    I am 6'5" ,hike with a partner and like the single hoop design, is there a tent like that for me ?
    (no I am not 6'5" but apparently some are…)
    This is a frame from the 3d video clip on the product page :
    Tarptent DM
    note the extra headroom those 6' dummies have .
    To be specific, they have exactly one extra foot laying down because the outward sloping inner (!) has a fully useable 84" floor.

jimmer ultralight
    Spectator

@jimmer

Great info as always.

On a diffetent subject, any idea when a 2 man Protrail might be made?

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Henry gets back to his design phase at the end of the US hiking season.
    Upscaling the Pro Trail design for two probably does not work all that well and we do already have the Squall for a minimalistic front entry shelter.
    There is however a somewhat "Pro Trail" look 2 person tent waiting somewhere inside Henry's CAD programme.

jimmer ultralight
    Spectator

@jimmer

Thanks for the info,Franco.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools