Topic

Who makes synthetic quilts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Who makes synthetic quilts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Andy Anderson
    BPL Member

@ianders

Locale: Southeast

In looking for a really light synthetic quilt for the summer. I have an Enlightened Equipment 40 degree Prodigy and love it, but need something for those warmer summer nights in my hammock. I'd really lije something in the 10-12 oz range. Are there any other companies making lightweight synthetic quilts?

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

Mountain Laurel Designs and Arrowhead Equipment both sell synthetic quilts. Although I don't know if they have any in the 10-12oz range.

Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

My MLD Spirit 48 in size large weighs 11.4 ounces with the ribbon strap. The dimensions are smaller than a regular/regular Prodigy quilt but work very well in a hammock.

BPL Member

@rememberthelorax

Scott Jones
    Spectator

@endeavor

Try Enlightened Equipment. His team makes good stuff.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Read the first post again Scott.

Martin Rye
    BPL Member

@rye1966

Locale: UK

Talk to Marco as he will make it to fit you and met your needs. As Tucas do custom work. As well as make quilts.

http://astucas.com/en/

Scott Jones
    Spectator

@endeavor

I did Ken, but Enlightened Equipment can make him a special quilt. They made modifications for my down quilt and I bet they would do one for him in a synthetic to match his needs. No need to change up.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

We do make 50* synthetics and try the SLIM for hammock use (I'm fat and go slim in my mock)

We could drop the Zipper and sew the foot up. I've seen people claim 11oz with 2.5o and we use 2.1oz so maybe we could get there shedding the zip and drawcord for a sewn foot

Our 50* enigma is in your weight ballpark

-Tim

J Mag

@goprogator

There is no need for Tim to make him a "special" quilt. His regular/regular prodigy 50* should be under 12 oz according to gear lists I have seen.

I believe Tim lists his weights including stuff sack and straps, although it isn't noted specifically on the EE site that I could find. I wish it did so I could be sure.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools