Topic

Bearikade Weekender Fit Question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Bearikade Weekender Fit Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Elisa Umpierre
    BPL Member

@eliump

Locale: Midwest

Does anyone know if a pack with the following dimensions: 13" wide by 8" deep by 21" tall plus roll top would fit a Bearikade Weekender horizontally at the bottom of the pack? I know the Weekender has a 9" diameter and is 10.5" long, but I thought with the 13" width of the pack, maybe the 8" depth could expand a bit to accommodate the canister??? Thanks.

Rick Adams
    BPL Member

@rickadams100

your pack has 42" circumference, the can 39"………should fit depending on pack structure. check for comfort before you use for real.

Elisa Umpierre
    BPL Member

@eliump

Locale: Midwest

Oddly enough, just after posting this thread I looked up and sitting on top of my bar was a glass beverage "keg" that measures 9" in diameter and 13" high. I removed the spout, shove the container in the pack and, BAM! It fits!!! And all of my stuff still fits on top of it. This being said, it's not overly comfortable. I might try moving the "container" more mid-way up in my pack.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

"This being said, it's not overly comfortable. I might try moving the "container" more mid-way up in my pack."

I put my sleeping kit and camp clothes in the bottom of my pack, then the canister, and "options for the day" on top, with odds and ends stuffed along the sides.

It moves the weight of the canister and food up which will help with the way it feels, and will allow the bottom of your pack wrap better around your hips.

If you can, pad the top rim of the canister with a fleece, or similar, so that when you lean the pack against a rock, the aluminum rim of the canister isn't hammering the pack fabric.

Steve B
    BPL Member

@geokite

Locale: Southern California

I used to want the Bearikade to fit horizontal, and it will in the bottom of my pack. But vertical, it is much more comfortable. Placed right on top of my sleeping bag, with some small stuff stuffed along side it, I can get the pack to have some lumbar curve. The canister actually adds some support to the vertical length of the pack.

Steve

Marko Botsaris
    BPL Member

@millonas

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

I'm firmly in the Berikade vertical at the bottom of my pack camp. It fits perfectly this way in my Kalais, and have learned all the right tricks so I don't feel anything off at my lower back. As cool side effect, my pack sit on any moderately flat ground upright by itself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools