Topic

REI coupon/dividend – what ya got?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) REI coupon/dividend – what ya got?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I got a crank bros multitool as recommended by Dave Chenault over on the bikepacking forum.

Daniel Pittman
    Spectator

@pitsy

Locale: Central Texas

Hey J Mag, I use my Schnozzel as a pillow by filling it with 6 or 7 partially inflated ziploc bags.

I don't use it as a drybag because I don't want to get it punctured. As a pumpbag for the UL7, I couldn't ask for anything better.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

As I do most years I have a dividend, I am going to request a check.

Dave T

@davet

I'm with Nick… take the check and put it in the bank!

J Mag

@goprogator

Thanks for the response Dan!

Do you just use regular ziploc freezer bags? I bought a box of Hefty zipper loc 2.5 gal bags after watching a youtube video of using one for a pillow. They don't hold air at all under weight which made me a sad panda.

Dave Marcus
    BPL Member

@djrez4

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Dividend + coupon = BD Sabretooth Pros for $70.

Damian Chavez
    Spectator

@damianc

Locale: Southern California

My first air mattress. Neoair Xlite large. That first day I tested it out and started to fall asleep on it in the middle of the day. More comfortable than my California King bed. I'm a sucker for a firm mattress.

Nathan Wernette
    Spectator

@werne1nm

Locale: Michigan

I love the schnozel. Use it to keep moisture out of my sleeping pad. And use it to store the pad also.

I cannot lay my pad out bc I have cats with claws and my closets are too small so I lightly fold the pad a bit and put it in the schnozel!

kevperro .
    BPL Member

@kevperro

Locale: Washington State

I know it is lame but I bought a book on the Wonderland trail. I think I saved about $3! :-)

Daniel Pittman
    Spectator

@pitsy

Locale: Central Texas

"Do you just use regular ziploc freezer bags? I bought a box of Hefty zipper loc 2.5 gal bags after watching a youtube video of using one for a pillow. They don't hold air at all under weight which made me a sad panda."

Nah, I use basic sandwich bags for the pillow. They work fine as long as I only partially inflate them. A bit lumpy, but better than most other options and almost weightless. Sometimes I throw my extra clothes in there if it's not cold. Most nights I'm wearing my entire wardrobe.

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Picked up a GoPro Hero3+ Silver for $250 including WA tax. Will be using it in Hawaii during my wedding/honeymoon trip and on the trails in the future.

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools