Topic

2012 Houdini sizing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 2012 Houdini sizing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    J Mag

@goprogator

Quick question:

I am looking at picking one of these up and can't find sizing info on the old models.

I'm 6'2, ~205 with a 33" waist and 42" chest. I've heard they often run a bit small.

It's ok if it doesn't fit, I can pick up the new model in XL for under $65.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

I'm 6'1"+, 185 and the Large fits nicely for me – and for me that means trim but can (just barely) comfortably layer a thin puffy underneath. I have a long torso and it is long enough for me.

As you're a bit thicker than me, I'd say go for the XL unless you want it snug.

J Mag

@goprogator

Hmm I see. That is unfortunate. With my size shoulders if a large is snug on you it sounds like anything underneath will get pretty compressed in that area.

And the XL is going to put me at almost 5oz for a wind shirt.

I need to stop working out if I want to go UL. All this big stuff is killing me.

Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.

I'm 6'4", 220#, 36"waist, 46" chest, 17" neck, 36" sleeves and the XL fits me great, with a t-shirt and maybe a light mid-layer. IME it's been a great jacket and goes with me on every hike, year-round. Don't sweat the 5 ounces. Just my 2¢…

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

I agree with Richard.

Let us see your gear list and we'll find another way to get you to UL!

Steofan M
    BPL Member

@simaulius

Locale: Bohemian Alps

J, check for a PM.

Steven

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools