Topic

131.8 Miles Across Grand Canyon

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports 131.8 Miles Across Grand Canyon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Slaton Whatley

@alpinistooutdoors

Locale: Catalinas, Saguaro, Grand Canyon

Hey everyone!

Back in mid-February myself and 2 friends did a thru-hike style hike of the Tonto Trail, Escalante Route, and Beamer Trail in 15 awesome days. Starting at the South Bass Trail Head and hiking all the way to the Little Colorado River Confluence, and back a little! It was probably the best trip I've ever done!

It was a really long trip so I wrote 3 sections that were broken up similarly to our food caches and re-rations in the Canyon.

Take a look and let me know what you think. You can read it here:

http://anultralightlife.com/

There are 3 sections!

Sharon J.
    BPL Member

@squark

Locale: SF Bay area

Only read Part 1 so far, but wanted to say how much Im enjoying it, and great photography!

Slaton Whatley

@alpinistooutdoors

Thanks Sharon! I know it's long but it was just so much to say! Hope you enjoy the rest of it!

Kevin Buggie
    BPL Member

@kbug

Locale: NW New Mexico

Thanks for posting a good read!

robert van putten

@bawana

Locale: Planet Bob

Oh man, I gotta find the time to read yer report!
    My wife and I did a short four night grand canyon trip in February, our first time down there.

Now I'm reading Fletchers "The Man Who Walked Thru Time", a similar trip to yours in some respects.
    I'd love to do this trip solo some day.

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Awesome.

Slaton Whatley

@alpinistooutdoors

Hi Robert! Thanks for the kind words! That's a great book and one that can provide a lot of inspiration for trips! I would recommend checking out The Grand Obsession as well. Amazing book.

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

Good stuff. The Tonto is pretty smooth hiking and looks like you had some cloud cover w/decent temps by the layers usually shown (only hiked the Tonto with a heatwave myself).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools