Topic

Costco Freeze dried fruit/veggies

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Costco Freeze dried fruit/veggies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Has anybody tried the Freeze-Dried Fruit or Veggies that Costco sells online? I don't know about the quality or price.
    The quantities are larger than I'd like but I'd like to know what others think.

I already know about the other online freeze-dried options out there so please don't make this a discussion about them. I'm trying to see if anyone has tried the Costco stuff.
    Thanks,
    Tad

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Is it the Thrive brand? If so, they are fine.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Sarah, the brand they have up no (30% off) is "Chef's Banquet". I'm not familier with that brand

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Huh, that is not one I know either….too bad it isn't Thrive! That brand is good :-)

Rebecca Audette

@beckyinma

Locale: Wicked northern, Massachusetts

I've inly used thrive fruits, veggies and beef tvp. All great. Go for thrive either on Costvo or Shelfreliance.com. The fd corn is like candy!

Rebecca Audette

@beckyinma

Locale: Wicked northern, Massachusetts

I di however have fruits and veggies in the brand you've mentioned. I would imagine they are decent enough for freeze dried.

Tim Zen
    Spectator

@asdzxc57

Locale: MI

Thrive Brand — I don't the country of origin on their products.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

From Thrive's website:
    We are proud to say that a majority of THRIVE foods originate in the US, though we also source foods from other countries depending on season, availability, and other factors in the food industry, as do most grocery stores. However, we do not source any THRIVE products from China, and all our products go through a rigorous quality assurance process and are rejected if they do not meet our high standards. For information on the country of origin of any THRIVE product, please see your consultant or a customer service representative.
    https://www.thrivelife.com/parties/faq/question/id/2404

Tim Zen
    Spectator

@asdzxc57

Locale: MI

@sarah — Thank you. Another case of male blindness.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

:-D

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools