Topic

down jacket sale@ backcountry.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals down jacket sale@ backcountry.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mike Allen

@michaellea62

Locale: UTAH

Backcountry.com has there branded UL down jackets on sale right now. The hooded anorack is 35% off selling for $116. The zip jacket without hood is in the outlet store and is selling for $100.00. Both jackets are 850 fill power and around 7.5 ounces. I got the pull over anorak and it is awesome.

Wesley Larson
    Spectator

@wes

Locale: Northern Utah

Just bought the jacket. Hope it's here before next weekend.

J R
    BPL Member

@jringeorgia

Mike, I'm on a tear lately to get my base weight down and have several strategic purchases in mind to do that, down puffy wasn't even on my list until I saw your post and realized I can save several ounces. My back thanks you, my wallet does not. ;-)

Mike Allen

@michaellea62

Locale: UTAH

Great JR. Which one did you get? Sorry about the wallet, but sometimes are backs can suffer for longer than our wallet will, justifying the purchase. Lol..

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

I've been eyeing this down anorak for quite some time. The only reason I hesitate is that Borah Gear announced on Facebook a while back that they will be releasing a down sweater in the next month or so. Reported weight is in the neighborhood of 5ish ounces.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

The Hadron is a really nice hoody, its looks good in black.

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

If anyone wants a size medium of the Grey / grey…
    I am moving to hawaii and its too hot obv… Its for sale.

Brand new never used, Inside tags trimmed off, 7.4oz on my scale, perfect condition otherwise.

If anyone wants to help me out and take this off my hands for a fair price, $90?

J R
    BPL Member

@jringeorgia

I got the non-hood. I've been using the talked-about Costco puffy, but it weighs about 12 oz. Still a great jacket for someone — I'll get the BC on sale, flip the Costo, and net net my wallet won't be bruised to badly for nearly a third of a pound savings.

michael levi

@m-l

I have the hooded anorak fyi :)

David Mason
    BPL Member

@dimjim

michael, if only that jacket was a small I'd be interested. Apparently they no longer stock the anorak in small. I'm tempted to buy the women's hooded anorak instead unless someone has a small mens they'd be willing to sell.

A while back I bought the stoic version of the pullover in medium, but it's just a little too big for me as a mid-layer. I still have it brand new with tags if anyone is interested. Color is orange.

michael levi

@m-l

Measure your chest underneath armpits, and I will tell you how it will fit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools