Topic

Advanced Elements PackLite Kayak

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Advanced Elements PackLite Kayak

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Marc Shea
    BPL Member

@flytepacker

Locale: Cascades

Advanced Elements indicated that the PackLite Kayak won't be widely available until the end of March….However, they were able to airlift some out of China, and I was able to get 1! So here is the deal, I will offer this boat to the first person that wants it at a 15% discount with free UPS ground shipping ($254.99 out the door). The only requirement is that you post a review of the product on our website after you have received the product and had a chance to use it.

Link to Purchase –

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JVQM37EBUR2UN

For more information on the product go to –

http://flyweightdesigns.com/?product=advanced-elements-packlite-kayak

Let me know if you have any questions. Unfortunately, I cannot ship this product to international buyers. Thank you!

Marc Shea
    FlyWeight Designs

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I see a quoted weight of 4 pounds, another one of 4 pounds 7 ounces, and another one of 48 ounces. Which one is correct?

–B.G.–

Josiah
    Spectator

@eternalnoob

Always assume the heaviest weight. You will be right 98.3% off the time ;)

Marc Shea
    BPL Member

@flytepacker

Bob,

According to Advanced Elements the PackLite Kayak is 4 pounds. In its packaging it weighs 6lbs 2.5oz. I have not taken the product out of its packaging to weigh it. In the article it indicates that the PackLite weighs 4.7lbs in the bag. Without the carrying bag, the boat probably hovers at 4lbs give or take an ounce or two.

Now for the bad news…as of right now a pump is needed to inflate this product. Oral inflation would not enable the user to pump the boat to its recommended pressure. My understanding is that Advanced Elements is working on a smaller lighter solution to pump it up.

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!

Marc,
    Any word on when your 1.8 lb. Ultra Flyte pack raft will be available and what it will cost? Thanks!

Matt

Marc Shea
    BPL Member

@flytepacker

Matthew –

That is a great question. I am not sure that we will ever move forward with the UltraFlyte. In addition to fabric and construction challenges, other products such as the Supai Adventure boat and the Lightwater Dinghy are already filling the 2lb and under market. At this point we are focused on getting the CrossFlyte out the door and production should be wrapping up shortly.

That having been said, I do see that the FlytePacker filled somewhat of a void. In comparison to the other boats (Supai and LWD) the FlytePacker is a big boat for 35oz. I have considered bringing the FlytePacker back, but I may have to increase the cost of the product by about $15 to $20.

What would be helpful to me, is to understand what you are specifically looking for?

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!

Marc,
    "What would be helpful to me, is to understand what you are specifically looking for?"

Something 2 lbs. or less that does not cost $800-$1000, like an Alpaca raft, and is not a pool toy. LOL. That's about it. Oh, and a paddle fin that attaches to trekking poles would be nice. I think your Flytepacker was a great boat at an even better price point.

Matt

Marc Shea
    BPL Member

@flytepacker

I have created a solution to the need for a pump with the PackLite Kayak. Our Universal Backcounty Pump can now be used to inflate the PackLite Kayak. Weighing in at only 4.8oz, the double action hand pump is both compact and effective. Additionally, the pump is compatible with standard sleeping pad valves, in addition to the Boston Valves on our CrossFlyte and FlytePacker boats.

I am now shipping the Pumps free with the PackLite Kayaks!

http://flyweightdesigns.com/product/advanced-elements-packlite-kayak/
    http://flyweightdesigns.com/product/universalbackcountrypump/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools