Topic

Osprey Atmos 50 weight?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Osprey Atmos 50 weight?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thai Wood

@fenrir

OK I'm considering the Atmos for an AT Thru in 08. The BPL review of the Atmos says its 2 pounds 13 oz, but now Osprey says its 3 pounds 1 oz. Has it changed since the review was written? Thanks for the help

Jeremy Fassler

@sputter

Locale: Northern California

My medium Atmos 50 (latest style if there is an older one, which I dont think there is) weights 50.5 oz. (3lb 2.5oz).

B. Kelly Saine

@slohiker57

Locale: NC Foothills

My size '06 model Large weighed 3 lbs 8 oz – several ounces heavier than advertised. Returned it and stayed with my Aether 60.

Nathan V
    BPL Member

@junk

Locale: The Great Lake State

I have the original model, size medium, that doesn't get much use any more. But with a lot of cutting of excess straps, loops and the hydration sleeve, it now weighs 2 lbs 11 ozs.

Thai Wood

@fenrir

Thanks for the info guys. I was trying to figure out if I should replace my Mountainsmith Auspex, larger and a decent bit heavier, almost 1 lb or so based on the new weight. Guess its time to watch ebay and post a want to buy! Thanks again for the help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools