Topic

GEAR REVIEW: GREGORY BALTORO 75 BACKPACK

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) GEAR REVIEW: GREGORY BALTORO 75 BACKPACK

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Devin Karch

@darwin13

Locale: NYC

Our testers were shocked out how comfortable their packs were after they showed up over 50 pounds on the scale!
    When weight is unavoidable, go for comfort instead. Check it out!

http://thetraillives.com/2014/03/14/…o-75-backpack/

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

Dead URL

Valerie E
    Spectator

@wildtowner

Locale: Grand Canyon State
    Lapsley Hope

@laps

That's the least informative review I've ever read, at least it only took about 45 seconds of wasted time.

Brian Reyman
    BPL Member

@breyman

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Agreed – the review was a bit light on meat.

I will agree with the assertion, though. This is the most comfortable pack for large base weights I've ever used. It's in my closet right now and I use it when:
    – I'm going a short distance and want to bring more.
    – Winter use.
    – Family backpacking when I'm carrying extra gear for my young kids.

I LOVE the hipbelt. It is insanely comfortable. I've tried every other Gregory pack, every Osprey pack, etc. and this one's the best for big loads. I also really like some of the features (forward facing water bottle holder, etc.

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

"That's the least informative review I've ever read"

Good thing you liked it?

Eric Osburn
    BPL Member

@osb40000

Agreed 100% Brian. I just used mine on a high alpine overnighter where I had to carry a bunch of extra gear for other people. I had around 45lbs on my back and the hip belt was super comfortable and the load stable. For a heavy hauler it's a great pack. Once my kids are old enough and we transition from the kid haulers I'm sure I'll use it a great deal to haul heavy loads for them until they are old enough to carry their own weight.

bradmacmt
    BPL Member

@bradmacmt

Locale: montana

Well, at least all three guys in the photos were wearing packs too small for their torso's.

Marko Botsaris
    BPL Member

@millonas

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

They must be pretty big guys in that picture – if I was wearing a ~ 80L bag it would look like it was wearing me rather than the other way around. :-)

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Should be posted in On the Web

"On the Web

Post your surf slop here – personal websites or other Web resources that will be informative to lightweight backpackers."

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools