Topic

JMT Gear List – Need to lost 3-5lbs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists JMT Gear List – Need to lost 3-5lbs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Brian Johns
    BPL Member

@bcutlerj

Locale: NorCal

Take a jacket or pocho. Leave the pants and the kilt at home. If you have nylon pants to hike in, they'll dry fast enough for summer in the sierras. I spend bout 30 nights a summer up there and with the exception of a weird wet week a couple of years ago, I have never needed rain pants. If it's that bad, get on your shelter and wait for it to pass. I'd skip the kilt too, but it's a reasonable compromise.

Jason Mahler
    BPL Member

@jrmahler

Locale: Michigan

I can't stand hiking in rain pants, because they make me sweat like crazy. If it is warm and rainy, I just leave them at home because my pants (Ramparts) dry really quickly. If it is cold and rainy, then I like to put my rain pants on when I stop hiking. What this seems to do is trap the heat from my body inside of the rain pants, which helps to dry out my pants somewhat. This has made it more manageable since without rain pants I would wake up with cold and wet pants to start the next day in, which isn't fun for the first hour.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools