Topic

Cheap Tents: Philosophy, Review, and Raw Emotion

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Cheap Tents: Philosophy, Review, and Raw Emotion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

$26 and $36? Very cool.

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Keep doing what makes your lady happy, and you'll be happy! I'd be fine sleeping under a tarp and bug net, but my fiance likes the privacy of our tent. She loves backpacking as much as me, which is great, so I have no problem carrying the tent (and it's the TT Double Rainbow, so it's still very light).

I've been tempted to pick up one of the Templums off of SAC to have as a backup/loaner… But I remember that I have one on permanent loan to my parents I can always get back.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

I had one of those Eureka Timberline tents for car camping when my kids were little. Great shelter at a reasonable price.

"But… I met a girl!"

LOL. That can change your life a lot. The good thing is they sometimes buy their own gear and take care of it.

Last year my wife bought us a new family "tent." It's all good. She wants to use it as often as possible and we have been camping in it over 100 days in the past 6 months. Not UL. But as they say, "If Momma ain't happy, no one is going to be happy."

Here is a picture of Joyce's new tent.

Milan 26RLS

Turley
    BPL Member

@turley

Locale: So Cal

@Nick……Nice Tent :-)

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

How long does that take to pitch, and how well does it do in the wind?

immediately thought of Star Wars.. "that's no [tent]…. "

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

Nick,

25 footer?

edit- Went to your site. 26". That 100gal fresh water tank is ridiculous!

Ryan

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

"That 100gal fresh water tank is ridiculous!"

That was the biggest selling point for me. We can be self contained for 2 weeks.

rick .
    BPL Member

@overheadview

Locale: Charlotte, NC

You can probably save a few lbs if you cut the tags off the cushions, and take the spare tire cover off (wrap it in a garbage bag).

A true UL'er would ditch the spare tire completely along with the jack (do you ever really use it?). bring a strop of rubber to patch and take care not to pop it in the first place. Take care of your gear and it'll take care of you.

Eric Osburn
    BPL Member

@osb40000

Thanks for the review of this Stoic tent, I'm going to have to pick one up as a loaner tent for friends.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools