Topic

Arcteryx Squamish 2014 Update

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Arcteryx Squamish 2014 Update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Steve K
    BPL Member

@skomae

Locale: northeastern US

Sorry, I missed that. I'll do you one better since I wore my Squamish today. On my size L, the cuff, flattened out, is 5.5", for a circumference of 11". That's with the velcro open and the elastic unstretched. There's roughly an inch of stretch in the elastic.

Steve K
    BPL Member

@skomae

Locale: northeastern US

After a year and many hikes later, I finally feel capable of commenting on the "new" 30D fabric. I have only briefly experienced the old 20D fabric of the 2013 model but I don't consider it a downgrade.

It has softened up a good deal and is a lot less crinkly and swishy. It has a decent amount of stretch, and feels nicely lived-in, but not worn out. It is very, very breathable, but cuts the wind just right for my needs in all seasons.

It has gotten a few pulls at the waist from some minor bushwhacking through thorny bushes and such. There is some pilling at the back where the hip belt goes. There are very few broken strands, or "fuzzies" along the entire garment, save for the high-wear areas mentioned earlier. All very minor stuff – generally speaking you could barely tell the miles its seen. This fabric is tough, especially when you consider it's often worn with my very abrasive 1000D Cordura daypack for bicycle commuting.

This is still my favorite wind shirt, so much so that I ordered a spare.

Trill Daddy
    BPL Member

@persianpunisher

how is water repellancy?

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools