Topic

Nido or Peak?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    David Drake
    BPL Member

@daviddrake

Locale: North Idaho

Searching for Nido on Amazon also returned Peak brand whole milk powder. It's cheaper. Anyone use it?

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Huh…produced in Holland. A new one to me!

Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.

I don't know about Peak, but KLIM is good,a nd about 1/2 the price of Nido, I think. Very popular in Latin America and made in Holland, I think. It's also a great way to attract the attention of US Customs,if you buy a big bag of i tand stuff it in your suitcase ;-)

David Drake
    BPL Member

@daviddrake

Locale: North Idaho

…Peak seems worth a try, then.

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

Nido available for cheap at Walmart, I find…

Valerie E
    Spectator

@wildtowner

Locale: Grand Canyon State

Be careful with Nido — there are 2 kinds: one is non-fat (ewww) and the other is the full-fat good stuff; but the packaging (color, design) is the same on both. Read the label a bit carefully or you'll be disappointed (as I was!)…

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I prefer Milkman.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

This may seem radical, but I prefer a custom mix of about 80% Ensure powder and 20% non-fat powdered milk. Ensure has other nutrients and calories in it besides plain milk, and it is vanilla-flavored. It works for me. I have one unopened can of Nido for backup. Milkman used to be preferred, but it got hard to find.

–B.G.–

Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

Milkman is readily available at REI. I've some in the cupboard.

Richard Gless
    BPL Member

@rgless

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I used to like Milkman rather than what was then regular dehydrated milk (i.e., non fat) because it tasted much better (to me anyway). When Milkman went away I tried full milk Nido. I really like the rich taste (and the extra calories). Haven't tried Peak.

Paul McLaughlin
    BPL Member

@paul-1

May sound weird but how about infant Formula? actually tastes pretty good,better than lowfat powdered milk for sure, maybe even more calories than powdered milk.

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

Here's the Nido available at Walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nestle-nido-fortificada-with-Iron-3.52-Lb/14869811?

…except I remember paying only a couple bucks for it. Oh, mine's a 12 oz can.

Glenn S

@glenn64

Locale: Snowhere, MN

Just wondering… What do you guys do with this stuff? Just use for recipes? Sounds like you drink the stuff. Bleh!

Why not something like weight gainer or Recovery 2:1:1 that has some body to it if just for drinking?

Ben H.
    BPL Member

@bzhayes

Locale: No. Alabama

I definitely don't drink it straight. I use it in cereal and oatmeal. It is good to use with recipes too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools