Topic

NC or SC fishing trip in March. Suggestions?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning NC or SC fishing trip in March. Suggestions?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steve Meier
    BPL Member

@smeier

Locale: Midwest

My college-aged son wants to use his spring break beginning on March 8th and head south (we live in Indiana) to do some fishing. So where to go? I'm not a fisherman so I know little about what is running but I want to go somewhere warmer than Indiana. So I was thinking SC or NC but could do GA as well. Not wanting to drive further than that. Suggestions from anyone?

Steve Meier
    BPL Member

@smeier

Locale: Midwest

Anyone have any ideas at all that live in the NC, SC region?

Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

Head to the Caribbean. Everything south right now is cold….more snow on the way next week. Maybe the Gulf Coast is a better bet for fish. Waters along the NC coast don't warm up until the end of March when yellow fin tuna start running.

David Maxwell
    BPL Member

@davidmaxwell

Locale: eastern, tn

Santee Cooper in SC

What kind of fish are you looking to catch?

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

You could have some days in the 60's that week, just depends. Are you fishing for trout? East TN, Western NC, and North GA probably have more concentrated miles of trout water than anywhere in the country. Tailwaters, lakes, freestone streams,etc. Lots of options. Tell us more about you trip and I can give you some suggestions.

Ryan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools