Topic

a new type alcohol stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear a new type alcohol stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ke wu

@asidesign

Locale: Block seven

turbo4-1

turbo4-2

turbo4-3

turbo4-4

turbo4-6

turbo4-7

turbo4-8

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Very very nice ke wu. Very futuristic.

I suggest you raise the square base(1/4" at each corner) to allow oxygen to pass up through the central hole. You should then have a central flame also appear. A dual flame burner. It should look something like the flame in this photo:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sean Perry

@shaleh

Locale: SF Bay Area

How long to boil two cups? How much fuel? Total burn time?

More importantly, where's the build instructions (-:

ke wu

@asidesign

Hi,Dan,

It is a good idea,I like the shape of that dual flame!
    it is not easy for me to reform it,because it uses the different principle and the possibility of structure modification is limited.

Principle of design
    After burning in combustion chamber, the alcohol produces huge quantity of heat to cause the further evaporation by sucking heat from being heated stove wall and the support. The heated air produce lifting force and then mix with cold air from bottom side.The mixed hybrid gas preheated in advance in the fire tube consequentially obtains the fullest burning in upper area of the tube.

ke wu

@asidesign

Hi~Sean,

About 3-4 minute to boil two cups, one OZ fuel room, Total burn time is 5-6 minute.

I purchased the complete parts in the hardware store, majority of parts coming from the kitchen cabinet adjustable support, the square shape foundation coming from a phonograph needle packing, then combined them…

ke wu

@asidesign

Because the part is not easy to obtain, so long as the principle is correct, you may use other part as substitution. Here is two mimics made by other people, very interesting!

mimic1

mimic2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools