Topic

www.hikeu.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) www.hikeu.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jon Ormsby

@phantom

Locale: Great Lakes

apologies, post removed by author…

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

You point us enthusiastically to this company, but you don't mention anything about your personal experience with it. "A line of gear will be coming as well" — your thread reads like stealth advertising!

EDIT: Just did a search on your handle — you have 14 posts in total – 12 of them selling gear and 1 touting the above site!

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

Interesting idea–you don't see the guide thing very much on the east coast. A guided hike of the Long Trail is $2750… $10/mile. Good luck. Hope y'all get some satisfied customers.
    -Mark

Mike Barney

@eaglemb

Locale: AZ, the Great Southwest!

Jonathan,
    It might be appropriate to indicate that you are one of the three principles involv3e in hikeu.com.

Good luck,
    Mike

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Jon,

I'm not sure about the policies of this forum, but your two identical posts at TLB have already been caught and deleted by the moderators.

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Jon,
    Commercial posts are fine on the BPL 'GearDeals' forum if you offer a sale or coupon. But not on this particular forum.
    Good luck.

Jon Ormsby

@phantom

Locale: Great Lakes

As the website states, I am involved with Hikeu, however I have no financial stake in the company, and thought I'd use my knowledge of these forums to spread the word that this service is (and gear will be) available. As I said originally, I know most people on this subscription site don't need a guide on any trail, but you may know people who admire what you've learned to do (hike), and wouldn't know where or how to get started.

As a member of this site for several years now, I come here to find out the scoop on all types of new things related to backpacking and equipment, and wouldn't be offended by someone from the community informing you of a new product or service. I hope you all feel the same way. I did not intend this as spam, just some word of mouth from a long-distance hiker who has been a part of the backpacking community for years. Perhaps I should have chosen my words better originally, and posted to a different section. Again, my apologies.

Shawn Basil

@bearpaw

Locale: Southeast

This IS spam and it has already been sacked from other forums where you showed up as a first-time poster or unregistered guest and SPAMMED the site.

It also violates the rules of the forums here as noted in item seven of the prohibited posting issues stated in forum policies here:

"You agree not to submit, upload or post to a chat/message board any content which:

7) advertises or otherwise solicits funds or sales of goods or services."

You are part owner in the company. Your site solicits for the sale of services and will soon offer goods as well. It seems very cut and dry to me.

If you want to advertise, do what others do: contact the administrators and pay for an advertising link, instead of SPAMMING the site for free advertising.

Russell Swanson

@rswanson

Locale: Midatlantic

Well said, Shawn.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I just got a PM from OP, and I suspect everyone who has posted above did as well.

Good to know that OP understands where we are all coming from — and that BPL is meant to be an ad-free forum.

I wish OP the best in his business venture, and hope he will be a regular participant here.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools