Topic

Alcohol stove suggestions for Snow Peak 900

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Alcohol stove suggestions for Snow Peak 900

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dylan Atkinson
    BPL Member

@atkinsondylan

Locale: Southwest

Looking for suggestions for an alcohol stove to use with a Snow Peak 900 or similar small diameter pot.

Thanks!

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Make a Supercat. Cheap, light, effective.

Dylan Atkinson
    BPL Member

@atkinsondylan

I'm going to make one of those soon and give it a try – my only concern is the flame flowing up the sides.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

The Modified StarLyte Stove works well.

Full disclosure applied.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Starlyte's are awesome. Super light, spill-proof, you can store fuel in 'em, they light in winter etc.

Thomas Willard
    BPL Member

@tomw

Locale: Philadelphia

The Starlyte is my primary but I'd also suggest the Minibull BiosMicro. The flame pattern won't go up the sides. Weight: 0.6oz

Dylan Atkinson
    BPL Member

@atkinsondylan

Do you (you starlyte users) use a Caldera Cone or just a regular windscreen?

Brian Johns
    BPL Member

@bcutlerj

Locale: NorCal

Works great. In fact, Trail Designs offer at least a few of their pots with StarLyte in place of the 12-10 stove. That said, I have a StarLyte "stove" with the integrated but removable pot stand and a StarLyte burner, with no stand. I use one with the Suluk 46 windscreen and any number of mug-shaped cups, from a Heineken can to a Snow Peak 700. I have two Caldera set ups that also include a Starlyte Burner, MLD 850 titan (traditional cone) and a SP 700 (two-piece fusion, fits in your pot) cone.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools