Topic

bikepacking without panniers

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring bikepacking without panniers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Thanks John! I looked at some of the more traditional Arkel panniers, but missed the Dry-Lites. I have a light roll-top dry sack that works fine for my front basket and the Dry-Lite panniers make a good pairing— just what I had in mind. The price seems pretty good too. I could see nesting a day pack between the panniers, or just a simple cylindrical dry bag.

Eric Douglas

@1ekdouglas

Locale: Brooklyn

I've used the dry lights for week long tours and also for my daily 12 mile commute. They are light and waterproof, and can be had for about $80. The dry lights save me over 3 pounds versus using my Ortliebs –I would still use the Ortliebs if I needed more carrying capacity.

Eric

Bill Segraves
    BPL Member

@sbill9000-2

Thought this thread sounded familiar. :)

I got distracted (mostly by some backpacking adventures) from the bikepacking this summer, but intend to give it a good try in 2015. Will keep looking for good ideas here!

Best,

Bill S.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools