Topic

Outdoor retailer recap

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Outdoor retailer recap

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jon Leibowitz
    BPL Member

@jleeb

Locale: New England

Not sure if this was posted, but our very own Will Rietveld did a wonderful recap for GG.

http://gossamergear.com/wp/buzz-blog/outdoor-retailer-winter-2014-trade-show-part-1-pre-show-hiking-loads-interesting-new-gear-technologies-lightweight-backcountry-travel

I like the new Cascadias…..so much better than my green ones I've had for almost 2 years. Also, some of those new stoves make me question the worthiness of my alcohol stove.

Yohei Aoyagi
    BPL Member

@zzz_bear

Locale: Tokyo

Thanks. I want Houdini pullover!

Trill Daddy
    BPL Member

@persianpunisher

Will, the Polartec PowerDry HE that you have featured is actually their new PowerWool. Their rep actually told me that they had misinformed another blog, I assume he meant y'all.

Woubeir (from Europe)
    BPL Member

@woubeir

Is that new Powerwool any different then the already available (for quite some time) PowerDry with Wool ?

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

Jon,
    Thanks so much for putting the link on BPL. Would have missed Will's report otherwise, and it is by far the best I've seen.

The SD Mobile Mummy 30 degree F. bag is about 50% (10 oz) heavier that my MontBell spiral down #3, so not sure if the arm holes and center zip are worth that much extra weight, but it is a nice concept.

The new Montane pull over rain shell looks to die for, but alas have acquired an M10, so will have to first see how that works out.

Miss Will's reviews on BPL.

M G
    BPL Member

@drown

Locale: Shenandoah

"Miss Will's reviews on BPL."

+1

I want that Montbell Ex Light Anorak

Serge Giachetti
    Spectator

@sgiachetti

Locale: Boulder, CO

yeah, I bet that anorak will be a favorite around here. I've been tempted by the ex-light and plasma, but the lack of a sealing at the hem has been a deal breaker. I wonder if the anorak has a proper waist cinch or at least elastic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools