Topic

Shoe recommendations other than Montrail Vitesse?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Shoe recommendations other than Montrail Vitesse?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    David Peterson

@thegeoguy

Locale: Sonoma County, CA

I was also faced with the problem of not being able to find the Vitesse at any local stores. However, I read somewhere that someone found the fit between the Hardrock and Vitesse to be very similar. I decided to take a chance on fitting my foot using a Hardrock (at REI) and then ordering the Vitesse online (again, from REI, using their “ship to store” option, which eliminates shipping fees). Personally, I found the Vitesse to fit pretty much as expected, based on the in-store fitting with the Hardrock.

Vitesse is, in my personal opinion, the best shoe I have worn. I use an orthotic, which fits great, and it has proven very comfortable for trail running. Haven’t taken them on a backpack yet, though that is next.

“Your results may vary,” but I hope you find this helpful –

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools