Topic

i have…little idea of what i’m doing.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support User Test Forum i have…little idea of what i’m doing.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dylan Atkinson
    BPL Member

@atkinsondylan

Locale: Southwest

but this appears to work.

Hello.

James Reilly
    Spectator

@zippymorocco

Locale: Montana

Welcome to the Forum

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Then you'll fit right in…..

John Hillyer
    BPL Member

@trnamelucky

Now try a photo,a hyperlink, and a hyperlink that is a word or words of your choosing instead of the URL…and when you get those to work please post how you did it because I have never found any instructions anywhere :-)

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
    Dylan Atkinson
    BPL Member

@atkinsondylan

Locale: Southwest

John,

To create a hyperlink that is a word/words of your choosing type this (it will open in the same window):

< a href="http://www.websitegoeshere.com">here
    EDIT: It should look like this: < a href="http://www.yahoo.com">here edit:(ah damn no it shouldn't look like that either…)

Instead of websitegoeshere you'd insert whatever site you are trying to link to. Instead of here (in between the greater and less than symbols towards the end) add whatever word you want the link to appear as.

In the above example I put a space between the less than sign (<) and the a and the greater than at the end – when you type the whole command delete that space so it looks like this: This should take you to BPL home page, I hope

As for photos…i'll get back to you.

Triple edit: Apparently I really don't know what i'm doing – disregard my confusing instructions :( I'll just link to the post that Ken posted – it actually works.

I tried.

Better instructions here

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Most of us have no idea what we are doing. We blame all of it in the forum software, which incidentally caused global warming, the Iraq war, and Dennis Rodman's drinking binge in Korea.

Welcome.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools