Topic

BPing on O’ahu?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning BPing on O’ahu?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brian Crain
    Spectator

@brcrain

Locale: So Cal

I'm headed to Waikiki to work for a week in early February and will have a day or two extra on the front or back end of the trip and I'd just as soon take advantage of it exploring some of the island. I'm looking for any advice on where to stay, what to see, where to hike, etc. I won't have time to island hop so I'll only be looking to BP/hike O'ahu. Appreciate any info you have to offer!

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

I was on O'ahu doing a week of work two different times and had a day or two off. I googled the Hawaiian hiking club and saw that they had various outings scheduled. I met at the trailhead and went on a 5-hour hike with them. It was great to hike with locals, get more information about the area, and the particular hike I took, I couldn't have followed the over-grown trail like they could.

Brian Crain
    Spectator

@brcrain

Locale: So Cal

Thanks Rick and David, I really appreciate the advice!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools