Topic

sharing resupply service JMT at Le Conte Canyon Ranger Station?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition sharing resupply service JMT at Le Conte Canyon Ranger Station?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Paul McLaughlin
    BPL Member

@paul-1

Marla
    BPL Member

@masanella

Thanks Paul, BobR and everybody else for helping!

We decided to use the hikers resupply service of Eastern Sierra Suttle Service.
    We do like to stay on the trail and because of that I find the costs reasonable, especially because we hardly have any other options when we want to stay on the trail.

I know it might be cheaper to arrange something with an individual person who would like to combine hiking and earningh some money, but for us this seemes a more secure arrangement.

I also became a member of the Yahoo Group. Great way to get a lot of information!

Marla

John Schuster

@jasustar

I am very interested in sharing resupply service at the LeConte Ranger Station. July 10 would fit our schedule quite nicely. There will be 2-3 of us. Please tell me the best way to formalize plans with you.

John Schsuter
    Livermore, CA

Marla
    BPL Member

@masanella

Sorry John. We completed the JMT last year. Try the Yahoo group.

Marla

John Schuster

@jasustar

Sorry I missed out

Jacob Ziegler
    BPL Member

@jdz128

Locale: SF Bay Area

Marla, Can I ask if ended up successfully using this resupply? And if so how well the resupply went?

Thanks!
    Jake

Marla
    BPL Member

@masanella

Jake,

We were very content with this service. Next time we would do it again.
    With adding Paul to our Spot contacts and clear arrangements before leaving about this, we could let Paul know we were a day ahead of schedule.
    The only minor point was that the hiker was a bit late, which made us insecure for some time about the right spot we agreed to meet and about getting a resupply at all.

But all in all for us it was a great solution!

Marla

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools