Topic

Target – 1/4 zip 100 wt fleece on sale $12.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Target – 1/4 zip 100 wt fleece on sale $12.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the sound suggestion Roger.

Phillip Asby
    BPL Member

@pgasby

Locale: North Carolina

I've gone on record supporting these fleeces. I normally wear a Large in most everything (Montbell stuff being the exception and super athletic cut stuff) – certainly L from Marmot, Patagonia, TNF, Brooks Range even RAB. The C9 fleece is not "athletic" cut but I've not found it to be overly big. If you want it snug then size down, but the L fits me pretty well, a bit boxy but not crazy (i.e. Filson).

I've found mine to be quite warm for the weight as well. Wore mine hiking in 20s temp with a mid base layer and was quite comfortable. Used it as a sleep layer in low 20s in a 20 degree bag and was snug as a bug.

My two have held up quite well. Worn a ton around camp and even more around the house and town. They are just great – can't speak highly enough really.

As a caveat, I've had mine for at least a year and a half – not sure of the country of manufacture given there are some indications that sizing is different depending on the manufacturer.

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

That's interesting. I'm going to guess your "size down" instructions apply to the previous manufacture of C9 Indonesia fleeces. The current Cambodia fleeces, according to reviewers at the Target website, are somewhat tighter, and the complaints are coming from people who had good fit on the Indo fleeces, saying that the Cambo fleeces are now too small.

Which makes sense to me, because my mediums of Marmot and LLBean 100wt zip tops are looser than this C9, which fits tighter and more shirt-like than sweater-like. (BTW, most comments of the previous Indo fleeces are like yours — very positive).

Given the fitment issues, it sounds like this is a garment to try on in the store, rather than order online. I'm happy with the fit of my M but I'd want it no smaller/tighter.

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

My local Target has reduced these C9 half-zip shirts further to $9.

Could not resist. Now own 3 of them.

Mobile Calculator
    Spectator

@mobile-calculator

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like the target fleeces but I'm much more psyched about the lands end polartec fleeces I've recently found at Sears on sale. I think it's better quality fleece and I'm betting the zippers will last longer than the target ones. I got a 1/2 zip pullover at 8.5 oz for $17, and a crew at 6.7 oz for $12, both 100 weight polartec fleece size medium.

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

What's the evidence regarding the superiority of Sears/Lands End lightweight fleece?

I'm comparing the Target/C9 to a Marmot Polartec (which is an ounce lighter) and am hard pressed to find a lot of differences. The C9 has a few more details like a zipper garage and a behind-the-zipper baffle which might account for the +1 oz weight, but as far as fit and finish, I'm not seeing a superiority for one or the other.

Although I suppose seeing the word "Polartec" on the label adds a subliminal je ne sais quoi.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No evidence, that's a totally subjective call on my part.

zorobabel frankenstein
    BPL Member

@zorobabel

Locale: SoCal

My local Target has these back up to MSRP $17.99 as of 2/3/2014. I went in expecting to find them at $9.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

for 8.99

Mobile Calculator
    Spectator

@mobile-calculator

TJ Christopher
    BPL Member

@compel

I just picked up one the C9s at Target for $9 so definately price check that sucker.

Regarding the different fleece top options, the quality might be similar but try them on if you can. To quote me from a different thread:

I picked up one each of the Target C9 and Sears Nordictrack to compare.
    The fabric and finish seems pretty comparable, however the fit is pretty different.
    I'm 5' 10' 145 lbs and the small C9 is an athletic fit and just big enough, the Nordictrack small is roomy and just on the border of being too big.

Target C9 Size S
    Weight: 7.75 oz
    Width at hem: 19 in
    Width at armpit: 20 in
    Center back length: 26.25 in
    Sleeve length: 33 in

Sears Nordic Size S
    Weight: 9.625 oz
    Width at hem: 21 in
    Width at armpit: 21 in
    Center back length: 27.5 in
    Sleeve length: 33 in

zorobabel frankenstein
    BPL Member

@zorobabel

Locale: SoCal

I did check the barcode at one of their scanners. Target is a hit or miss with clearance items IMO.

Mobile Calculator
    Spectator

@mobile-calculator

Eric Johnson
    BPL Member

@unimog

Locale: Utah

I love Land's End Fleece – other than the price. The other nice thing for us tall, skinny guys is they have med tall, which is just right on me (6'2", 150lb). It is rare that I find a med with long enough arms. My favorite is from a couple of years back with 100 weight fleece and nylon stretchy/breathable down the sides.

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools