Topic

Beyond Our Boundaries: The Story of a Family of Five Thru-Hiking the AT in 2014

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Beyond Our Boundaries: The Story of a Family of Five Thru-Hiking the AT in 2014

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies
    Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

Locale: NE AL

That is just cool as you know what.

Also, I spy a BPL Absaroka pack.

Andy Stow
    BPL Member

@andys

Locale: Midwest USA

Very awesome. I am jealous.

Ron Babington
    BPL Member

@ohbejoyful

Locale: Greenville, SC

I'm really excited to follow along.

Damien, what will be your family's "philosophy of dropping," if you will? Meaning, what kinds of things would take you off the trail?

Edited to add: Nevermind, I just needed to finish reading through your Kickstarter page to find out (eg, "Risks and Challenges"). :)

Godspeed!

Damien Tougas
    BPL Member

@dtougas

@John: Yes, that is a BPL Absaroka pack (on my youngest daughter), it has been her pack for a few years now. It's not the one she will be using for this hike though, she will be using a Golite Jam as she needs something with a little more volume.

@Ron
    : No problem, glad you found your answers :-) I would be happy to answer any additional questions you have either here or on the Kickstarter page. Thanks!

Daniel Pittman
    Spectator

@pitsy

Locale: Central Texas

Hell yes I will support this! I'm not sure how much I can spare, but I guarantee you're getting some of my money.

Damien Tougas
    BPL Member

@dtougas

@Daniel: Your enthusiasm is much appreciated, thanks for your support! BPL is a great community.

Daniel Pittman
    Spectator

@pitsy

I try to support a good idea whenever I can. I helped with the packrafting series, even though I don't plan on packrafting. I'm just really stoked on people getting out there and making stuff happen.

Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

I have much respect for those who figure out how to parent creatively like this. An experience like the AT will have a much bigger impact on your kids development and confidence than school, camp, or the many sedentary ways kids spend their summers. I'm looking forward to following this, and hoping to glean some inspirations for outings with my daughters.

Daniel Pittman
    Spectator

@pitsy

Aw crap! I screwed around and missed the funding deadline. Stoked to see the project got funded even without my help! I added myself to the contact list on the website, so let me know when the video is ready for purchase. Good luck on your hike!

Stephen Owens
    BPL Member

@walknhigh

Locale: White Mtns, AZ

In the Barefoot Sisters book they hiked the AT with a family.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools