Topic

Larger poncho/tarp?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Larger poncho/tarp?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

I was wondering if anyone has come across a poncho-tarp that is made a bit wider and that might have a larger hood as most I have come across have been tight/small. Extra length would be nice also but not necessary.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

NM

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Longer but not that wide. Thanks though.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

That's why I removed my suggestion while you were writing your comment

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

You might want to contact Ron at MLD – I was looking at having him make me a larger poncho tarp that would be suitable for a hammock. I believe he has one of the best hood closure systems out there.

My basic design was an 11×6 hex hammock tarp with snaps to both fold up the hex ends as well as to snap the sides for when it was in poncho mode. I was also going to have the front of the poncho about a foot shorter than the rear.

I've used a Gatewood Cape and liked what it did to my overall pack weight, but I've since switched to hammocks and wanted to get the same benefits of dual-use. I just haven't pulled the trigger on this yet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools