Topic

Vertex Ultralight backpacking stove – 1.8 ounces and packs flat

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Vertex Ultralight backpacking stove – 1.8 ounces and packs flat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    William Spoolhoff
    BPL Member

@billpool

Thanks for a great product Kevin. I was just over on the Vertex site and went through the order process till I found out there's no paypal opportunity and in this day and all the hacking stuff I'm leaning more towards paypal. I've looked for a www that offers that option but no luck yet.

Bill

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Kevin,

Thanks for sharing with us your invention/idea.

Sorry that you have been beat up over the rules about posting.

I take you at your word that it was an innocent mistake.

Frankly, disappointed about how people have jumped on you to criticize you on a technical rule when maybe it would be nice to see just constructive criticism to support you and encouragement.

I find it funny that people are not thrilled at seeing a new light weight product make it to market or to see a new idea or even a variation/improvement on an older idea.

Please take comments here with a grain of salt.

1.8 ounces is still crazy light in comparison to what the mainstream, traditional backpacker has to buy, so good for you for having something to offer the market.

Yeah, Ti would be nice, but the cost goes up.

Another funny thing about backpackers…we are cheap, but we want the best/Ti products for next to nothing.

Know who you are marketing your product to and have a plan to get it to them.

BPLers might not be your idea market to sell to, but that does not mean that there isn't a market for you….perhaps traditional or light weight backpackers vs. ULers?

BPLers are passionate and crazy…..we are the fringe, so take the comments with a grain of salt and take the constructive comments where you can and ideas to make the best product that you can to give you the best chance possible to be successful with your business.

Good luck to you and thanks for sharing!

Tony

Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools