Topic

yet another quilt finished

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear yet another quilt finished

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Colleen Clemens

@tarbubble

Locale: dirtville, CA

just finished my son's 32-degree down quilt. it's basically a copy of the Nunatak Arc AT, with the baffles doubled in height (2" vs. 1" for the Arc AT). i made it with supplies from thru-hiker.com: red 1.1 oz ripstop for the shell and black momentum for the interior. i added a drawstring at the top and snaps at the top corners, too. it weighs 14 ounces, which leads me to believe i have overstuffed it by at least an ounce, but i removed all that i was comfortable with and sewed it up just to get the darn thing over with. so now my 5-year-old kidlet has a quilt to grow into (it's about a foot longer than he is), and one of his parents could also use it as a half-bag if wanted. schweeet!

pictures have been taken but are not uploaded yet. i'm going out of town for 9 days and will try to get them up when i'm back.

it was MUCH easier to sew this one than it was to sew the double quilt. my faith in my gear-making abilities is restored. OK, now i have to finish my Whitney jacket, sew an adult-sized solo quilt, and then commit to the terrifying family tent project. eek!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools