Topic

MYOG Two person quilt advice

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG Two person quilt advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Manley
    BPL Member

@manleyk

Locale: Denver-ish

Hi all,

I have a crack-headed idea. Since the RayWay 2 person alpine quilt kit I have isn't selling, I'm thinking of making a quilt for my girlfriend and me. She is always cold, and I'm always hot. I'm thinking of making the left half with 2 layers of the alpine insulation and the right half with one layer.

Also, I was thinking of making it in two halves that zip together, but I don't have a good idea of how to do that.

Finally, there is usually a draft between us; anyone have a good and simple way to avoid that?

Patterns? Advice?

Kevin

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

There is a draft between you? Does wind blow in from between you? That is, between your and your GFs shoulders? Maybe have a flap that's maybe 1 foot square – top of flap attached to quilt, bottom touches the surface below you, sides touch you and your GFs shoulders?

There'd still be a draft space between you unless you were touching, but at least it would be still air so wouldn't be so cold.

Kevin Manley
    BPL Member

@manleyk

Thanks, Jerry. That could work…

Anyone make a two temp quilt?

Amy Lauterbach
    BPL Member

@drongobird

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Anyone make a two temp quilt? Yes – on the fourth Love Bird Quilt I made, for Manfred and Michele, I made the baffle height on his side 2.0" and on her side 2.5". I see no reason not to do that again for people who sleep hotter and colder.

Finally, there is usually a draft between us; anyone have a good and simple way to avoid that? Simple? Maybe not. But effective, yes definitely. Described in detail in my Love Bird Quilt post.

Kevin Manley
    BPL Member

@manleyk

Thanks, Amy!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools