Topic

rei garage sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals rei garage sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

A reminder to all that many stores (at least in Washington) are having their garage sale today (Saturday).

Also, the Seattle flagship store garage sale has progressive markdowns as time goes on. Last quarter, they were at an additional 50% off by around 2pm, and even deeper cuts as evening rolls around. At some point, all shoes became $10, regardless of how high the original/starting price was.

Alderwood does not do this as far as I know. It all depends on the store and how much they need to clear out.

Michael Driscoll
    BPL Member

@hillhikerz

Locale: Monterey Bay

I understand it is all stores across the country and some will do it again tomorrow… Not sure about this but nothing you sleep in or on will be sold in Calif. any more some new rule… Sleeping bags, pads and even cots ?…

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

I hear Cali has some pretty strict rules when it comes to mattresses and such for the home so I'm not surprised.

Hopefully they'll send their stuff on up to Seattle/area!! More for us!

Joseph Evans
    Spectator

@jee

Re: California change

really? that's a shame. I've gotten a couple of killer deals of sleeping pads, and was hoping to score a sleeping bag fairly soon. :(

If this is true, I wonder what they'll do with all the used sleeping gear.

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

I'm hoping they send it to Reno!

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

I got an awesome deal on a New Neoair X-lite, moved to damages because it was shipped to store without the stuff sack. I'm passing along the savings in gear swap as I now have two Synmat UL7 S, Two REI Flashes, a couple Klymit Static Vs, a couple BA IACs, a couple REI self inflators and a Thermarest Prolite…..

so… yeah…. addicted to sleeping pads over here.

Hector Luevano

@whatthehector

Yeah sucks they don't sell bags and pads at California REIs anymore.. it's where I scored my first sleeping bag for $20! I asked one of the employees what they do with them and they do in fact ship them off to other states to sell them there. =(

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

What's with the CA rule? Do they not sell sleeping bags and pads period or is it just some rule about reselling a used one?

Hector Luevano

@whatthehector

Sorry if I wasn't clear! They can't resell used sleeping gear anymore because of some law. Not entirely sure what it is.

Brock Graves
    BPL Member

@gravesbrock

Locale: asheville nc

Could be because of bedbugs? When I worked for a furniture store we stopped removing and reselling beds because of a law that to stop the transfer of bed bugs. Just thinking about it makes me itch a little.

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

I went today, the crowd was massive. I could barely get through the crowds to see the gear.
    I ended up getting some used evo snowshoes for $59 (with the tails).

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

That must be a really new law because I bought a sleeping bag and sleeping pad from an rei garage sale last fall.

Mike Gervais
    BPL Member

@mikeg

Couldn't believe the table full of shoes at the SLC store yesterday. Some had the tread worn completely away.

Takes a pretty low-class person to get all the value out of something then return for a refund.

I'm glad REI has changed their return policy. You don't have to be a chump to offer first class customer service.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools