Topic

Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

> A sheet of Carbon fibre and matching epoxy

Darn, that's what I meant to ask for…!

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

Delmar,
    Mea culpa,mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Did I forget to mention that I'm also retiring at the end of the month? I will, however, supply an in depth trip report when we get back.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Aclima woolnet zip neck top and woolnet bottoms. Love this stuff. Thanks to Danny Milks for letting me know about Nordic Outdoors! Easy to deal with.

doug thomas
    BPL Member

@sparky52804

Locale: Eastern Iowa

My present to myself arrived today. Got me a caldera cone inferno package with 1.3l vargo titanium pot. Look for my CC snow peak setup on gear swap soon.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Rab Myriad Neoshell jacket from my wife and a Golite Crestone Neoshell Bib and First Ascent Peak XV Down Parka from Santa (myself) :-)

Joe Lynch
    BPL Member

@rushfan

Locale: Northern California

Got my wife an REI Flash pack and used WM bag so she could join me on trips in the future.

I got a new stove.

Olicamp Xcelerator

Daniel Pittman
    Spectator

@pitsy

Locale: Central Texas

I may have mentioned it in a few threads already, but I got Mrs. pitsy a hat from Kat_P because she goes to work at 4am and our little VW doesn't heat up before she gets to work.

She got me some Dickies coveralls for when I work on the car. Now I won't ruin my regular clothes and I'll be a bit warmer when I'm laying under the car.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

So many goodies! Thanks all for sharing.

My son and I use HMG Porter packs, and we didn't want my wife to be left out, so we got her the HMG tote bag. Now we need to take her to the beach, which is rather appealing in snowy Montana right now.

My favorite gift may have been a Smartwool beanie hat. It has stripes and color and a tassle, so it has some character! It's a refreshing departure from BLACK ULTRALIGHT FLEECE…and only weighs an ounce more ;)

Brian Crain
    Spectator

@brcrain

Locale: So Cal

I got exactly what I asked for – a GG Mariposa :D

likes hikes
    BPL Member

@basquej88

My GF bought me a new Arc Blast with goodies: shoulder pocket, load lifters, trekking pole holders and lumbar pad. Winter needs to shove off so I can put it to good use.

I also got a Spyderco Delica 4 and a Fenix PD35, both of which I love so far.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

The important people in my life got MountainGoat Hats — Thanks, Kat!

Christmas Hats 2013

My wife also got 4 titanium straws for the camper.

I got no gear, because I don't need any new stuff.

Brian Johns
    BPL Member

@bcutlerj

Locale: NorCal

My wife got me a new snowboard (and I quickly updated my bindings and helmet to go with. Got only two days in, and am back in Cali praying for rain, I mean snow. I also scored from the kindness of friends, some fine wool Filson shirts, that could make it on a BP trip some day, but will likely look more at home around town (you know hard to pair with neon, sale priced wind pants/jackets. I also got a tiny thumb operated pepper mill, which might actually make it out on shorter trips where whole birds or T-bones tag along. Not sure, but I know my mother-in-law was thinking of my BP pursuits when she put it in my stocking.

More importantly, and all-in-all everyone had a great year and remain blessed with health, family, and companionship. We are/feel very lucky and grateful.

ROB WHELAN

@threepoint

After several years of stirring, I bought my partner a Sheewee extreme.

She's still not talking to me, but I'm sure in time she will grow to love it, lol.

Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools