Topic

Columbia Ultra Light Trail Master

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Columbia Ultra Light Trail Master

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Has anyone seen this pack? 3000 ci. and made out of sil nylon. The bottom is reinforced with I think cordura to toughen it up a bit. It has two generous side pockets to stuff bottles, etc. Two zip up pockets on the side that can hold a fair amount of gear. Two front pockets that could hold anything from fuel to stakes, etc. Two stays that are enclosed in a plastic sheet for the frame. Padding on the frame. A lid with a small zip up pocket inside to store keys, etc Hydration sleeve and two ports. It weighs 25 oz. and the best part of all it costs $65. I bought one just to try it out. I am leary of Columbia products but this pack looked pretty well made and might be a good beginner pack for the new ultra lighter.

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

Have you actually weighed it at 25oz? One of the sites I saw listed it at 35oz, but maybe that was a shipping weight. Please let us know.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

The tag that I have says that it is 25 oz. Know you have me curious. I have it loaded with 4 days worth of food and gear. I am going to take everything out and weigh it. I will post the results this evening PST.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Can anyone provide a link to a webpage showing this pack?

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

>Can anyone provide a link to a webpage showing this pack?

Here are some pics and low prices. Haven’t ever done business with either of these companies.

http://www.sharonluggage.com/shoponline_products.html?prod=160072&cat=15678&pii=225776#start_pics

http://www.bagselect.com/display.cfm?productid=C8305&finish=Treasure&manufacturer=Columbia+Sportswear

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools