Topic

Newbie question…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steve Rowell

@slimhawg

Hi All,

I'm curious if anyone here has first hand experience with Backpacking Light courses and maybe some others (like Andrew Skurka's). I'm looking for an intro level course.

Thanks,
    Steve

John Taylorson
    Spectator

@heyjt

Locale: SoCal

Go on YouTube and search "ultralight backpacking." And it's free!

Shawn Bearden
    BPL Member

@shawnb

Locale: SE Idaho

Steve, I do not have first hand experience in these courses. I'm responding because I am so surprised that you haven't gotten any responses from anyone who has taken the courses. This makes me hypothesize that 1) anyone who has taken them is no longer actively engaged on this forum, 2) no body has anything they wish to post in an open forum (suggesting not enough good to say) or 3) some combination of the two.

I can at least share that I've had a fair bit of communication with Skurka and his wife (she runs much of the business side) as well as watching everything I can find of his on video and reading all of his blog posts. He is 'full on'. He is open-minded (not dogmatic) and practical. His knowledge is as good as any, his curriculum is packed, and he is 100% committed. He knows who he is and he shares it. It is my expectation that you would be happy taking an intro course from him.

Diane Pinkers
    BPL Member

@dipink

Locale: Western Washington

Just a thought, titling the thread name with something like: Comparison of beginning backpacking courses? might net more responses. "Newbie question" is so generic, it could be anything, and won't search well either. Haven't taken any of the courses myself, but I dearly want to!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools